Cîrnăţeni is a village in the Causeni district. The village has an area of about 2.63 km2, with a perimeter of 10.31 km, being at a distance of 5 km from Causeni city and 78 km from Chisinau. The village of Cîrnăţeni was first officially mentioned in 1651. “Once a great merchant from Tighina stood here. Other merchants and travelers stopped and expressed their wish that “if there were any place to eat and drink, the passers-by would rest and dine.
In the Lower Dniester area, one can find the locality with the oldest documented history in the district – Cioburciu village (which in different sources dates back to either 1405 or even earlier, around 1362). In 1535 the voivode Petru Rares names Tomsa Parcalab of the Cioburciu fortress responsible for the defense of the villages of the Dniester, including Chisinaul Mare (today – Carnateni), Talmaza, Rascaieti, Purcari and Olanesti. Following a number of archaeological digs, on the territory of the present
South of Tighina, in the Nistru valley, there is a region which is famous for its natural fertility. The are is covered with vast orchards, bog forests, marshy and floodable lands. Copanca is located in the Causeni district, which encompasses the village of Copanca and also the Valea Verde village. Copanca is situated at an altitude of 53 meters above the sea level, with a population of approximately 5000 inhabitants. It is located in proximity to the Forest Reservation “Copanca”
Located on the bank of the Dniester river is the “village of brave people”, as the name translates from the Turanian language. The legend of the village says that the Turkish hordes located on the territory of the future village were divided into two: those situated in the western part of the village, near the Yurt creek (yurt – portable living house), and those in the southern part of today’s village, nearby the Curudurea creek. Local people tell of an